It is an absolute user friendly system, developed specifically for environmental engineers, who may not have much exposure to numerical concepts in data creation , calculation and analysis.
Hydrodyn- WAVSOFT is a 2D finite element hydrodynamic modeling software to solve the Navier-Stokes and scalar advective-diffusive equations on triangular grid system for prediction of hydrodynamic variables. It has both explicit/implicit solvers for solving the basic governing equations of flow and wave in a coupled way. Hydrodyn-WAVSOFT can also be used for rapid prediction of water levels, currents in the seas and estuaries.
- 3D unstructured triangular mesh can be generated for any arbitrary shaped topography of flow domain.
- Can be used for modeling of waves.
- Boundary conditions can be defined at any location.
- Integration of pre and post processor facilities.
- Digitization of various hydrographical features.
- Solver has cold start and hot start options.
- Help menu facilities are available.
- Wave Climate Forecasting.
- Coastal morpho-dynamics.
- Probability of floods in coastal zone.
- Coastal structure stability and coast protection.
- Assimilation of wind or wave satellite data during computation.
- Wave-currents and wave-storm surge interactions, especially in those places where tide plays a significant role
- To establish the tranquility conditions, prevail at the Jetty facility
- To assure the currents and tides around the jetty berths are well within threshold limits applicable for safe berthing of vessels 90% of the time.